I suggest you ...

Artist and Artwork Bookmark/Search App

The idea is to engage the visitors with the artworks as much as possible. One way to achieve this goal is to provide an app for smart phones and tablets that can "scan a code" and bookmark the artist and a thumbnail (small image of the artwork) instantly. The app should also quickly download some information about that artist as well as the artwork. Ideally, the app should also play audio about the artwork or "read out loud" the text for people with special needs.

The app can also be developed as a more general system to be used by other museums which then can provide a larger portfolio about other artworks of that particular artist that can be found in nearby cities, etc.

Another function, which was also suggested by another user, is to make the app download audio files and replace the regular audio tour devices. This will definitely encourage more people to use the audio guides, not only because of the costs, but also because some people have hygiene concerns about using shared headsets.

I think museum lovers will appreciate such an app.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)